Thursday, April 15, 2010

What r the ramifications of answering a leadership style questionnaire abt my boss? I work w/just he& his wife

The questionnaire is an either or type, not writing out answers. I want to be honest, but not have it come back to haunt me if I ever want a referral!

What r the ramifications of answering a leadership style questionnaire abt my boss? I work w/just he%26amp; his wife
It is a funny thing, they say, about bosses. What they say is seldom what they mean, even if they mean what they say.





Asking a person for an honest opinion is still in hope that the opinion will be good.





What I would encourage you to do is be honest, but be positive. I would focus overwhelmingly on the positive attributes, but be honest about ways to help his business succeed (assuming he owns the business), or ways to become an "even better boss". Feel free to add in a touch of humor, if that will lighten the mood, (such as, "I know you have it tough dealing with an employee with me, but").





If there are some tough things you really want to say, let him know your intentions in answering the questions upfront (I have grown to appreciate and trust you and your wife, and will answer as honestly as I can in hopes of helping you get ahead). That would mean a lot to me if I had handed you the questionnaire.
Reply:This would depend on your relationship to them. Is it a relationship built on trust? If so being very honest about your answers is best. Anything less than that would be less than usefull to them and you. If your boss/boss's are good leaders in the first place they will learn and grow as much from you as you from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment