Monday, April 26, 2010

Can someone help me to write a character reference?

As a co ordinator, I have given a few people references but they have always been from a prospective employer that just send me questionnaire's to fill in. This one is different, I have to write about someone for an adjudicator. This is really important because his entire career depends on what I write so I want to make sure I get it absolutely perfect and word it correctly. If you have done this type of thing before %26amp; you think you can help me, please mail me %26amp; I will give you further details.

Can someone help me to write a character reference?
Ask to see the job description and person spec and work from that. Also you shoud be saying how they do their current job and how their character helps them do this - ie team player, supportive, enthusiastic, how he uses his adjudicaotr skills in current work place. If you are honest there is no issue - Write as a letter - put it on a letterheaded paper and aim to fill about 3/4 page
Reply:Realistically, if you say too much, you may have some input; however, I don't believe any solicited comments would be that pivotal. This is primarily due to the fact that you alone can decide what you write. A character reference is just that and is not the same as an expose on behalf of an employer or client.





If this is someone you would work with again, just write four to six sentences on why you would be willing to do so. If you can do this and sleep at night, then you have done better than most. Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment